Home Nutrition Support Program
Community Home Infusion Home Nutrition Support Program provides comprehensive clinical support to parenteral patients who cannot consume an oral diet. Our dedicated and experienced dietitians, nurses, and pharmacists work collaboratively with your physicians to develop a personalized care plan and prevent hospital readmissions due to nutrition complications. Community Home Infusion customer service professionals also work closely with patients to handle insurance verification and maximize reimbursement in an effort to ensure a seamless transition home and simplify the start of care.
Our Nutrition Support program consists of:
Customizing and mixing our parenteral formula to supply the perfect amount of calories, fluids, and nutrients to a patient. The formula is carefully calculated to meet the specific needs of the individual; we work closely with the physician to achieve these goals.
- Initial detailing assessment of patient’s current status, therapy goals, and establishing an accurate formula
- Weekly patient screening to assess patient’s ongoing status
- Quarterly assessing of patient's current status and reviewing of PN formula recommendations
- Micro-nutrient testing to determine the vitamin and mineral status for each patient
- Metabolic bone disease testing completed by our dietitian to determine risk for disease
- Dietitian consulting as needed
Nutrition services are appropriate for individuals with:
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- High-risk pregnancy
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cystic fibrosis